Parents, UK education guide out now!
Relocate Global’s Guide to Education & Schools in the UK is an invaluable resource for families relocating to, or within, the UK.
For your copy, Visit the online shop
Relocate Global is here to help! As the leading multimedia publisher for the global mobility market, we cover every aspect of international relocation for our readership of parents, employers and relocation professionals. We have a deep understanding of education and schooling, a topic that is central to supporting relocating families.
What can our new UK education guide do for you?Based on our successful Guide to International Education & Schools, our new Guide to Education & Schools in the UK, features all the information you need in order to make the best decisions for your children, whether you are new to the UK or already living here.
Your questions answered
- What happens if our relocation date falls outside the usual admissions cycle?
- How will Brexit affect UK education and our school choices?
- How do we find a school that will maintain our child's mother tongue while developing multiple language skills?
- What about vocational and higher-education choices?
- How do the Scottish and English examination systems differ?
Supporting you every step of the wayAt Relocate Global, we understand the importance of ensuring that the whole family can make the most of life in their new location, so we include coverage of wider family support topics – for example, careers for relocating partners, intercultural and language skills and easing the transition to a new home and school – in our UK education guide.For ease of reference, directories of schools and education consultants, who can provide a range of useful services for time-pressed relocating parents (such as finding school places), will also be included.
For your copy, visit the online shop
For the latest education news and features, visit our Education & Schools section.
UK guide contents include:
Excellence in UK education
- Delivering skills for the future
- Education reform in England
- Education post-Brexit
- The importance of languages
- Giving girls the digital bug
Exploring international education
- Comparing global education systems
- The impact of mobility on children
- Preparing pupils for a diverse world
Choosing & applying for a school place
- Choosing a new school
- Applying for a school place in England
- Read the big print
- The value of education consultants
UK curricula & learning
- The education system in England
- Understanding the new performance tables
- Empowering young women from an early age
- GCSEs explained
- Understanding the new AS & A Levels
- Vocational qualifications: an employer's perspective
- Why employers value BTEC Diplomas
- The benefits of NVQ qualifications
- Apprenticeships: an earn-as-you-learn qualification
- Cambridge Pre-U explained
- International Baccalaureate
- A pathway to career success
- England’s grammar-school system explained
- To appeal or not to appeal?
- Qualifications and education in Scotland
- Qualifications and education in Wales
- Qualifications and education in Northern Ireland
UK independent schools
- Securing a place at a top UK school
- Choosing a boarding school in the UK
- The new boarding experience
- A very international British education
- Preparing for university application
- The rise of global student mobility
- Educating global citizens
- Easing the transition to a new home and school
- Language and cultural immersion for internationally-relocating families
- Intercultural skills for relocating families
- Happy landings
- Careers for relocating partners