Management Mobility Consulting report: Subsidise your mobility to France

If you transfer an employee to France, you may be able to apply for a grant to pay the local relocation assistance. This program only exists in France for any mobility to or within the country. It is called mobili-pass.

Moving home and loan application

What is the Mobili-Pass?

The mobili-pass is an aid in the form of grant within the “one per cent Logement” is a French employer contribution, which aims to facilitate access to housing for employees.This is a mandatory payment for companies that initially had to pay one per cent of their payroll to finance the principal residence of employees. Since 1992, this rate has been set at 0.45 per cent but is still commonly known as “1 per cent Logement”.The grant provides funding support costs to finding accommodation within the mobility of employees.Conditions for obtaining the subsidy:
  • The subsidy is intended for employees of private non- agricultural companies of 10 or more employees
  • Professional mobility implies a change of principal residence or a second residence for the employee
  • The employee must take rental housing with lease in his name on the arrival site.
  • The distance between the former housing and the new home must be greater than or equal to 70km (43.5mi) or the distance between the new place of work and the old residence causes a transport time greater than 1 hour 15
  • The employee’s taxable income must be below a defined ceiling (possible exceptions)
  • The request must be made within 6 months of hiring, transfer or at the end of the trial period
Attention: the subsidy can not be granted if the employee has already benefited from it in the 2 years preceding his move.

The amount of the subsidy

The maximum amount of the subsidy is € 3,500 in zones A and B1 and € 3,000 in zones B2 and C and is divided into:
  • A subsidy to finance the expenses of the accompaniment in the search of a rental housing realized by a mobility company:
    • € 2,200 maximum for a rental unit located in Zone A or B1
    • € 1,900 maximum for a rental unit located in Zone B2 or C
And / or
  • A loan, repayable in 36 months maximum, to cover other expenses related to mobility, with a corresponding amount:
    • In the case of a grant, the difference between the ceiling amount and the amount of the grant.
    • In the absence of a grant, to the ceiling amount of the geographical area of arrival.
    • With a nominal annual rate of 1 per cent. No application fees.
Simply put, if you fulfill the conditions mentioned above, you have the possibility to apply for a grant.Mobili-Pass is an effective support system. If your employee is eligible, you can use a relocation company that will optimize your budget by offering a complete package and take care of all the steps for you.The information in this article was supplied by Management Mobility Consulting, visit their website for more informationFor related news and features, visit our International Assignments section. Relocate’s new Global Mobility Toolkit provides free information, practical advice and support for HR, global mobility managers and global teams operating overseas.Global Mobility Toolkit download factsheets resource centreAccess hundreds of global services and suppliers in our Online DirectoryClick to get to the Relocate Global Online Directory 

Related Articles